1. Fitting errors / reinstall / licensing / start
A: Usually, Error connecting to server related to the problems / changes in the user's network infrastructure and / or the access rights of the user account.
- It is necessary to provide access to the following sites:
- Specify / update settings (login and password) Proxy, if one is used to connect to the Internet.
Specify the proxy settings in the file NetUtil.exe, path default: %SYSTEMDRIVE%Program FilesSimmakersFrost 3D UniversalNetUtil.exe.
For reliable communication checking Frost 3D Universal Server must perform telnet request to the listed addresses and ports using standard telnet-client Windows.
If the connection attempt will fail, the, Most likely, access to servers Frost 3D Universal configured incorrectly (the necessary ports and IP addresses are blocked by a firewall or other network security tools).
A: The cause of this error may be:
- The problem associated with the connection to the server Frost 3D Univeral (cm. Q: When the program starts or at start of calculation errors occur connections with the server.).
- Wrong time zone, wrong time
Check the correctness of the time zone settings on your computer. Actualized data and synchronize time.
- Starting the software package without Administrator rights
Close the software package. Select one of the options:
- Allot the current user Administrator rights and run the Frost 3D Universal, on behalf of the current user;
- Start Frost 3D Universal, on behalf of the Administrator from the context menu;
- check the box "Run as Administrator" in properties Frost 3D Universal (shortcut, or executable file) and run the software package.
- Installation and maintenance of software system with different accounts
Changing user can disrupt operation mode, tk. some of the settings and software system components are stored in the Registry and User Documents. According to the installation instructions meant, the installation and operation of the software system is due for the same user.
- Installing the software system without Administrator privileges
- Remove the software package;
- Reinstall Frost 3D Universal with Administrator rights
- Lack of required software components
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistrubutable Package 2013*
- Driver USB-key version Guardant 31
*Download installers can be on the official website Download Center Microsoft.
Make the appropriate changes. In case of repeated occurrence of the error, reinstall the software package.
A: To reinstall the software package:
- Remove the previously installed version Frost 3D Universal:
- menu "Start" → The label uninstallation, or
- Control Panel → list "Programs and Features".
- Run the installer * .Net Framework 5.1 and Visual C++ Redistributable Package to verify the correctness of their installation before.
*Download the installers on the official site Microsoft Download Center.
- Run the USB-key driver installer version Guardant 6.31.
- Install the software package according to the instructions (cm. Installation Instructions).
A: When the computer configuration changes, refer to the Technical Support or by phone +7 495 772 54 07. After verification of changes, you can proceed to the installation of the program according to the instructions supplied.
A: Error reading file default.sta not critical. Missing file does not affect the calculation results. This error usually occurs when you open projects created in earlier versions of the program.
A: To increase productivity software package, we recommend that you check:
- project settings:
- Availability of calculating filtering;
- Number of iterations (stored calculation results);
- The size of the computational domain.
- Serviceability of the video card and drivers, if the calculation is carried out on the video card. In case of failure, reset NVidia graphics driver.
- The method of calculation of conservation. Give preference to the internal hard drive, instead of a portable storage device (Flash Drives, external HDs, and others.).
- The overall loading of the operating system. Productivity software package is significantly reduced, if simultaneously running multiple resource-intensive processes.
- Replacement of USB-ports, is connected to the USB-Key. USB-ports may have different performance.
- In rare cases, the USB-key performance may decrease due to a malfunction USB-key driver. Reinstalling the driver and / or restarting the computer corrects the problem.
Drawing 1 - Window "selection appears calculation.
A: Name of the calculation - this is the directory name, in which it is stored. Respectively, to rename the calculation of limits coincides with the restriction to rename directories, eg*:
- Directory names are limited in length;
- directory names should not contain forbidden characters;
- directory names can not be repeated;
- The names of directors do not have to coincide with reserved names in Windows (WITH, PRN, TO, CLOCK, NO, COM1, COM2, …, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, …, LPT9 and others.).
*For a complete list of restrictions can be found on Microsoft's official website: //msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247.
It should be remembered, that the gaps at the end of the name is automatically deleted by the operating system.
Important: The program displays a list of calculations, received in the last scan calculations directory. If necessary, update the list manually, pressing the "Reload calculations" button.
2. Modeling: thermal physics, heat equation, properties, etc..
A: The software package allows you to take into account the change in dependency on time with a resolution of up to 1 seconds. Nevertheless, we recommend not set values change in increments, lower, than 1 time.
A: Yes, usually, date measurements of soil temperature is taken as the start date for calculation.
A: Date of start of calculation is not influenced depending on the outside temperature, solar radiation or other physical quantities on time. All physical quantities are "tied" to the calendar and do not depend from the date of commencement of the calculation.
Important: Make, that all physical quantities depending on the time given to the all the simulated period of time.
A: For accurate results, outlook, We do not recommend using a constant temperature as the initial temperature distribution in the soil. Given the fact, that the soil temperature varies with depth, should use data thermometric survey.
Important: For short-term forecasts (1-3 of the year), We recommend using the most accurate value of the initial soil temperature.
Constant soil temperature at the depth of use in cases, when data is missing or thermometric investigations same initial temperature distribution in the soil neglected *.
*Neglect the initial temperature distribution is possible only in a narrow class of long-term forecasts in the wild.
A: "Calculation of the in vivo" – This numerical experiment, which allows us to estimate the temperature distribution in the soil, based on the climatic information, and thermophysical properties of soils. Nevertheless, some institutions use this method to get the initial temperature distribution in the soil, what, in our opinion, It is not always acceptable because of the low accuracy of the input data (climate data and / or data thermometry).
We recommend that the "calculation in vivo" only to verify compliance with climate data thermometry data:
1. Create a three-dimensional model of geology without construction projects and technological impacts;
2. Ask climatic data;
3. Ask the approximate temperature of the whole depth. Usually, is used for the temperature characteristic of the region;
4. Perform calculations on 50-100 years.
Across 50-100 s temperature in the ground is stabilized, and will correspond to climatic conditions. The obtained temperature values should be close data thermometry, obtained experimentally.
A: This error occurs, when the software system does not have enough RAM or VRAM for the task. The most common causes of this error are:
- a user erroneously indicated the value of the heat capacity of one of the materials in the "Database of materials and State". Users may mistakenly enter a value in MJ /(m3 * K) or in kJ /(m3 * K) instead of J /(m3 * K). Carefully recheck values of volume specific heat of each material in the "Data Base materials and GU";
- computational grid contains too many nodes (cell). Reduce the number of components without loss in accuracy is possible using a computational grid markers. If the computational grid markers already placed optimally (from a user perspective) way, it is necessary to make the computational grid coarser;
- minimum space step computational grid is very small (less 1 cm);
- one of the materials of the computational grid has an extremely high thermal conductivity (more 1000);
- a very long period of simulated time (more 1000 years);
- Any combination of points 1,3,4,5, further complicates the problem and narrowing margins, indicated in the respective paragraphs. for example, reliance on 500 years through the steel wall thickness 1 cm, which is equal to the thermal conductivity 48, you can cause "memory error", tk. formulation of the problem is close to the borders, referred to in paragraphs 3,4 and 5.
3. Interface software package: use buttons, window
Q: Perform the following steps:
1. The database of materials, physical properties and heat transfer conditions (further database) in "Thermal distribution" tab create borehole temperature and identifies some temperature dependence of the depth.
Tab "Heat distribution" Note (the task) Thermometer wells.
2. The database in the "Materials" tab, set the temperature of the soil, other than temperature, predetermined temperature for the well.
3. calculations of.
The results of the calculation can not see the effect of the temperature of the well.
A: For each material in the "Material Database, physical properties and the conditions of heat exchange " (further database) You can apply only one of two methods of specifying an initial temperature:
a) Use a three-dimensional thermal distribution;
b) Use separate tabular temperature dependence of the depth.
This is due to the fact, that the ground can not have two different values of the initial temperature.
Drawing 1 - tab "Materials": specify the initial soil temperature.
For use temperature wells to specify the start of ground temperature:
1. Add information about temperature wells in the database tab "Heat distribution";
2. The database in the "Materials" tab, select "Use a thermal distribution" for all materials, which temperature must conform to three-dimensional temperature distribution (cm. Drawing 2).
Drawing 2 - Switch thermal distribution.
Temperature of the soil at the initial time will correspond to a given (via temperature wells) three-dimensional thermal distribution.
A: The temperature difference should be set positive value.
A: For high-quality sampling facility in the software package used markers the estimated mesh (markers of decomposition and / or condensation). When the position of three-dimensional objects, you must also move the markers and the calculated grid, who will be involved in the construction of the estimated grid.
A: The estimated position of the grid markers can only be modified in the "Editor 2D». For this, go to the "Edit 2D» (any time, to construct the estimated grid) and edit the position of the markers. Re-constructing a three-dimensional model is not required.
A: On the left sidebar there is a group of buttons, which allow you to add new markers (More details in the "User's Guide", paragraph 3.1.1). Markers can be selected and edited in the list area (the right side of the screen) and on stage (area of work with geometry, in the center of the screen). To view and edit the properties of the markers, select one or several properties in the area markers (bottom right).
Drawing 1 – Properties grid marker
The absolute coordinate - is the coordinate on the Z axis. note, that the units Z coordinates could differ from the coordinates of the measurement units X,Y. Often the unit of measurement for absolute marks differs from the unit of length. So, on Figure 1Z absolute coordinate marks are measured in meters, and X and Y coordinates - in millimeters.
marker type - defines the method of influence on the calculated grid marker (decomposition or condensation Markers). Thickening Markers allow you to create the calculated thickening nets near their position. Markers partitioning allows you to manually control the partition grid.
Type of positioning marker - defines the coordinate axes, which will affect marker. Possible options:
Refers to objects - all markers should relate to the "markers" object.
Coordinates (location) determine point marker, which will be implemented concentration (thickening of markers) or partition (to split markers) the estimated grid. for example, If positioning marker type is set to X, the condensation or decomposition will be performed only on a predetermined axis. In the construction of the estimated grid coordinates of all the other marker will be ignored. We encourage you to read a good example markers with different types of positioning in Figure 2.
Drawing 2 - examples of the impact of condensation marker on the calculated grid
On the image 2 depicted (red) markers thickening of various types of positioning. Blue and green lines denoted Net (cell borders the estimated grid). Black lines represent the coordinate axes.
Figure 2a - thickening markers ranking type X. There is a decrease in grid spacing over the space near the X-coordinate marker. Y and Z coordinates of the markers have no effect on the calculated grid (The same effect will be achieved, if you place the marker at the position of the red circle).
Figure 2b – markers condensation type Y positioning. There is a decrease of the mesh size of the space Y near the marker coordinate. X and Z coordinates of the markers have no effect on the calculated grid (The same effect will be achieved, if you place the marker at the position of the red circle).
Figure 2c - thickening of the marker with the type XYZ positioning. A decrease in mesh size for all the coordinates.
Important: To change the parameters and / or number of markers will be displayed on the estimated net:
- Rebuild the calculated net, pressing the "next stage" in the "Editor 3D»;
- Check the parameters of the construction of the estimated grid.
For detailed information regarding the modes of construction of the estimated grid, be sure to check with paragraph 4.6 "Starting transfer 3D model on a computational grid" Documentation software package.
Examples of practical application of the markers set forth in the free training video course Frost 3D Universal, access to which you can request from our company's management.
Q: Example necessary depicted table Figure 1.
Drawing 1 – EXAMPLE tables for the report.
A: Program complex Frost 3D Universal provides the ability to automatically create a table of temperature versus depth at the same time for a few moments of time. To create the specified size of the table (cm. Drawing 1), We recommend using Graph temperature along the vertical (thermometric well).
Pay attention to the following symbols:
|moments, which is necessary to obtain temperature versus depth;|
|the number of time points ;|
|vertical line in three-dimensional space, which coordinates in a horizontal plane -|
|temperature versus depth at time , along the vertical ;|
- Go to the "Designer Graphics" and select the type of "well" chart (cm. Drawing 2).
Drawing 2 - Creating a vertical chart (Well)
- specify vertical , along which it is necessary to receive the temperature table depending on the depth. To do this in the "Designer charts" indicate coordinates you are interested in Vertical.
- Switch program in the temperature display mode. After switching the graph will display a temperature versus depth, .
- Open the chart by double-clicking on the list.
- Repeat these steps for each time :
- Switch iteration as of , for displaying the temperature value at the point in time;
- Click on the Graphics window, and press F, to fix the schedule (instead of the F key, you can use the corresponding button on the side control panel (left) in the chart window);
- All necessary schedules are fixed. Select a way to export:
- Add a schedule in Microsoft Word (cm. Further How to copy graphics to a report in Microsoft Word format?) .
- Copy the graph to Microsoft Excel (cm. Further How to copy charts in Microsoft Excel?)
Important: Similarly, one can create graphs of fraction of unfrozen water depth, the depth filtration rate, etc.
Since version 3.0.*.699 all fixed schedules can be added to the report (format Microsoft Word). To export graphs:
- Open the graphics window;
- Click "Add a report" on the left sidebar (cm. Drawing 1).
- After the appearance of the window "Report Editor", set the options you want:
- "Title", "Title argument values / functions", "The shift to the argument";
- Tick"Show value in fixed increments of the argument" and specify the argument a step*(cm. Drawing 2).
- Click "Close". These charts will be copied to the report, taking into account the specified parameters (cm. Drawing 3).
* without specifying values in a report table is added, wherein the number of values of the argument will be proportional to the number of cells in the computational grid of Z axis.
Important: This word processor imposes some limitations on functional user experience. We recommend to export graphs in Microsoft Excel, that later will give an opportunity to change the orientation of the table and change the direction of the circuit.
Drawing 1 - Adding schedules in report.
Drawing 2 - Report Editor.
Drawing 3 - Example of graph export.
A: Since version 3.0.*.699 charts can not only be added to the report, but also copied to Microsoft Excel. It is also possible to automatically set the orientation of the table and the direction of the circuit:
- Open the graphics window (cm. Drawing 1);
- Click "Copy" on the left sidebar.
- After the appearance of the window "Export Settings table", set the options you want to copy the schedule.
- Click "Apply". These graphs will be copied to the clipboard, taking into account the search parameters given.
- Open the document Microsoft Excel and paste clipboard contents.
Drawing 1 - Copying charts. table Export Settings.
table Export Settings:
1) Using the offset argument. It allows you to start counting argument on the chosen values. Recommended for use depending on the depth, if there is an absolute mark, about which values needed depth.
2) Fixed an argument a step. It allows you to specify the argument a step. Values will be interpolated.
3) To change the orientation of the table. It allows you to select a horizontal orientation, instead the vertical orientation of the table.
4) Change the direction of traversal of the argument. It allows the display case from highest to lowest.
A: Yes, program provides the automatic creation of the report of the input data in Microsoft Excel format.
Calling this function is carried out in the context menu "select the displayed calculation" window
Drawing 1 - Selection Window Display calculation: context menu.